Today's Joke About travel
Friday, October 31, 2014
You Might Be Canadian If...
- You stand in "line-ups" at the movie, not lines.
- You understand the phrase, "Could you please pass me a serviette, I just spilled my poutine"
- You eat chocolate bars instead of candy bars.
- You drink pop, not soda.
- This doesn’t bother you at all.
- You know what it means to be on pogey.
- You talk about the weather with strangers and friends alike.
- You don’t care about the fuss with Cuba.
- You get milk in bags as well as cartons and plastic jugs.
- Pike is a type of fish, not some part of a highway.
- You drive on a highway, not a freeway.
- You know what a Robertson screwdriver is.
- You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.
- Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.
- You know that Thrills are something to chew and "taste like soap".
- You know that Mounties "don’t always look like that".
- You know that the Friendly Giant isn’t a vegetable product line.
- You know that Casey and Finnegan are not a Celtic musical group.
- You are excited whenever an American television station mentions Canada.
- You can do all the hand actions to Sharon, Lois and Bram’s "Skin-a-ma-rinky-dinky-dink..."
- You were mad when "The Beachcombers" were taken off the air.
- You know what a toque is.
- You admit Rich Little is Canadian.
- You know Toronto is not a province.
- You never miss "Coach’s Corner".
- You know all the words to "If I Had a Million Dollars"
- You know who Ernie Coombs is.
- You have memorized the Heritage Foundation’s Heritage Moments, including your favourites, "I smell burnt toast!"
- You get into arguments over how the letter "z" is pronounced.
- You wonder why there isn’t a 5 dollar coin yet, because you can really use more change (You are already wearing your pants halfway down your butt).
The new coin should have a picture of a musk-ox on it and be the size of a hamburger patty with fifteen different kinds of metals in it, including poutine.
- You know Ashley MacIssac isn’t Celtic enough.
- Your backpack has only one Canadian flag sew-on.
- You have been on Speaker’s Corner.
- You use a red pen on your non-Canadian textbooks and fill in the missing ’u’s from labor, honor, and color.
- You remember "Jodie" from "Today’s Special" and wonder why she reads news on CBC.
- You wonder idly if there is some government cover up of a covert operation behind shifting the shooting location of "X-Files" from British Columbia to California.
- You know that a "Premier" isn’t a baby born a few weeks early.
- You design your Hallowe’en costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one metre above the ground.
- The local paper covers national news on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.
- You know 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.
- You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.
- You perk up when you hear the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada"
- You actually get these jokes and send them to your Canadian friends.